A Different Geometry

I was curious about combining the hexagonal flower of life with the octagonal flower of life.  I don't have the software to be able to do that though.  I have no idea what it would look like.  

However, I am able to use a paint program to combine angles of 45 degree increments (octagonal) with 60 degree (hexagonal) increments using paint.  At first I thought the result would be a 14 pointed star, but because the 45 and 60 degree increments overlap at 180 and 360 degrees, it forms a 12 pointed star.  Here is what I started with, using a 360 degree circle found online:

 


 

I then formed a 12 pointed figure, connecting the 45 degree and 60 degree increments:

30 degree increments included (16 pointed):

(The accuracy of the lines is not 100% perfect, as I was using paint.)

Is this a symbol that has been used before?

What does it all mean?


Comments

Popular Posts

Owning Our Own Power And Joining The Galactic Family

Enjoy the Clearing! (Updated on 09/15)