Health Update

The 'seizures in my sleep' (I don't know of any other term to use) started up again, but I then remembered something very important.  Today is my 26th month anniversary of being alcohol-free.  Back when I was drinking, I wouldn't say I was an alcoholic, but I was well on my way and I came very close to dying from very high blood pressure and a severe heart arrhythmia that would last for hours at a time.  This is what forced me to quit drinking.  I'm actually very glad that I almost died, because this is what it took to make me stop forever.  Every time I think about getting drunk I think about dying the day afterward or sometime in the near future, as when someone starts drinking again, it's very unlikely they will not stop. 

Heavy drinkers and alcoholics have a condition known as 'wet brain' caused by thiamine deficiency, as discussed here: 

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/alcoholism-treatment/wet-brain

https://novarecoverycenter.com/alcohol-abuse/what-is-wet-brain/

I've been going gluten free lately, which seems to make the seizures worse.  Just about all breads, and even organic breads, ARE fortified with thiamine.  Most gluten free foods, such as rice (I prepare the rice to be very low in arsenic) however, are NOT fortified with thiamine, so going gluten-free dramatically reduces a person's thiamine intake.  Perhaps thiamine deficiency, or greater need for thiamine, remains even after someone quits drinking.  Although the symptom of having seizures in one's sleep was not discussed in the links above, I decided to take some thiamine early this morning before going back to bed, and I woke up later this morning without any seizures.  So, maybe this is the solution!  Time will tell.  I will definitely be supplementing with thiamine when going gluten free.

This doesn't mean that there are not metaphysical attacks against me.  There definitely are.  However, metaphysical attacks probably operate by targeting people's weaknesses.  The less weaknesses a person has, the lesser the potential to be attacked.  The possible weakness of thiamine deficiency will no longer be a method of infiltration in my case, which is a definite step up! 

Comments

  1. Starlight hello! I wish I could understand it all. Congrats with this succes. I started quitting alcohol some 7 years ago and never felt sorry too. Even imagining to start drinking it again feels like a nightmare. I read that there is so much sugar added to alcohol that they still keep it secret. So the connection between sugar and addiction seems increasingly clear. There seems to be no escaping it. Yet many people don't seem to suffer by it. I wonder how that is possible.
    I have to look for thiamine in Dutch. I'm no good in other languages.
    Thanks Starlight. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And can you tell more about coffee please. The last time I hear positive sounds, that its good for your health. It contains atioxidants. Also in the past a shaman said its no good at all for humanity. Its brought in long ago by the jesuits. In between I am more confused than wiser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found an answer myself. Disturbing night rest. One brother, a real coffee drinker, now already for years, needs sleeping pills by which he can sleep for a few hours. I recommended him to drink less coffee, but its also addictive.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I avoid caffeine completely. A magnesium supplement relaxes me. It has a calming effect.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Owning Our Own Power And Joining The Galactic Family

Enjoy the Clearing! (Updated on 09/15)