Stop Waiting on The Event Part 2 - An Analogy for Further Explanation

There are those who have taken out of context what I said in my post, "Stop Waiting on the Event."  The message was quite simple, but for clarification purposes, I will use an analogy:

Suppose you are working at a seasonal job harvesting rice.  You have several rice paddies to harvest.  The work is very repetitive and grueling, and it will take a period of 4 months.  Each work day lasts 8-10 hours, depending on the different sizes of the rice paddies.  Some rice paddies take longer to harvest than others, and 2 rice paddies per day must harvested, which is several tons of rice.  Various machinery is used, and several boards are put in the water to round up the rice.  The rice is also along the banks of the paddies, so must be raked and rounded up around the perimeters.  There is a gas powered elevator for that scoops it up into trucks when it's rounded up with the boards.  A shovel must be used to help push the rice into the elevator.  The boards need to be tightened around the rice when being loaded into the trucks.  I could go on and on about the details of the harvesting, and this is not meant to be exactly accurate.  The idea is to illustrate the slow and meticulous nature of the harvest.

Ok, so, what's the most loosh-generating way to perceive the rice harvest?  Probably something like this:

"All I want is to get this over with, but 4 months of this?  This is going to take forever!  I can't even stand 2 hours!  I'm already sick to death of this!  I hate this!  On and on it goes.  It's neverending!  I just want this to be done!  I can't stand this!  So slow... so very slow... oh God it's so slow... I just want to die!"

Just put The Event in place of rice harvesting.  Except that with The Event, it's several years, and for some, even decades.  And, it doesn't help that people were under the impression that The Event would happen in a certain timeframe, and then this timeframe kept being moved into the future.

The healthiest way to deal with the rice harvest (being used as an analogy for The Event), is as follows:

"I'm not going to focus on the end result of the harvest being done.  I'm going to focus on my immediate day.  I will not allow thoughts about the future of being done with the harvest to enter my mind.  I will just do what needs to be done in the moment.  I will also have free time after each work day to do what I enjoy.  There are many things I look forward to at the end of each work day that make me happy!"

See the difference?

Comments

Popular Posts

Owning Our Own Power And Joining The Galactic Family

Enjoy the Clearing! (Updated on 09/15)