Eating Plan to Feel Better

This is a reply to Sherman on the Cobra blog.  It's such a long reply that I decided to turn it into a blog post, as I've been wanting to make another post about diet.  I will talk about my dietary experiences and what I currently do, and this will possibly help, as those who are attacked with scalar weapons and so forth possibly have similar dietary needs.

Veganism never worked for me either.  I don't digest plant foods well at all.  Raw vegetables are the worst.  The only fruit I eat is one apple per day.  I discovered that I had to really reduce dairy and am doing (cooked) egg whites and poultry for protein.  (It's said that poultry isn't the best for hormones, but my experience shows that, for now, it's having no ill hormonal effect.)  I haven't had any dairy in over a day now, which has helped dramatically, with the only exception being a small amount of butter in canola butter spread to get some fats in.  I try to also not go too high in saturated fat.  In the recent past I was doing just bread and cheese and this was absolutely terrible.  It was very hard on the kidneys because of the inorganic phosphorus that's particularly found in dairy, which wreaks havoc on the kidneys, causing energy levels to plummet.

Regarding maple syrup and honey, it's the fructose in sweet foods that makes sweet foods taste sweet, and a small amount of honey and/or maple syrup contains a high amount of fructose.  Although honey and maple syrup are said to be healthy alternatives to high fructose corn syrup and regular sugar, just like high fructose corn syrup and regular sugar, the fructose in honey and maple syrup is toxic to the liver when consumed in excess, and can create what's called "non-alcoholic fatty liver disease."  Stevia is a good sugar substitute, but Splenda (sucralose) is a very unhealthy sugar substitute.  

It's impossible to completely eliminate fructose from the diet.  Small amounts of sugar is added to starches like bread, and many other foods that are believed to not have added sugar.  The very small amount of fruit I eat per day has fructose.  It's not about eliminating fructose, but reducing it down to consuming a total of  maybe 10-15g of fructose per day, which equates to 20-30g of sucrose (simple sugar).  To know how much fructose is in a food, divide the total sugar on the label by 2, as sugar is 50% glucose and 50% fructose.  This is per serving though.  Most foods have multiple servings per container.  There are 'treat foods' I eat from time to time that have more sugar, but I try to make sure the sugar is low in these treat foods.  Here's a useful video regarding nonalcoholic fatter liver disease and fructose:


 

Another rule I follow is to go low carb until noon.  This boosts the metabolism and so now I'm finally losing the extra 10-15 lbs around my belly that just wouldn't come off any other way.  I've tried some fish as well, although it's a tougher meat, in the morning.  An air fryer is great for this.  Here is a useful video regarding going low carb until noon:  

 


Update on 06/26/2021:  Not eating at all until noon is possibly more healthy than going low carb until noon:



Update 06/27/2021: I feel better going low carb before noon instead of not eating anything at all before noon; will have to experiment further.

There are some important observations I've had regarding vitamin C and magnesium.  Vitamin C makes me extremely tired.  If I take vitamin C before bed (just a small amount of buffered vitamin C, like maybe 50 mg), I will go to sleep easier, but the next day I'm extremely drained of energy.  The one apple I eat per day is only to prevent scurvy, and apples seem to help 'pass things through.'  I've heard many people say to get more magnesium, but supplementing even with small amounts of magnesium makes me extremely tired as well.  So, I avoid foods that are high in vitamin C and magnesium.  I avoid nightshades, such as bell peppers, as nightshades cause all kinds of problems.  Bell peppers are also very high in vitamin C, so no way.

So, what do I eat?  Per meal, it's around 20g carbs from starch (carbs vary based on how much I feel I need at the time, sometimes having more than 20g, sometimes having less than 20g), from white bread (organic white bread lol!).  (Gluten-free has no positive effect for me, and whole wheat can cause inflammation over time.  Other starches like corn have similar substances to gluten anyway.  All food is basically poisonous, whether naturally or artificially - it's just a matter of reducing the poisons to feel better.)  I get a few grams of fat from the canola butter spread per meal (less than 1 tablespoon).  Protein is only 5-10g per meal from poultry or egg whites, but I vary this amount, maybe eating more, or less, depending.  I have these meals every couple hours starting at or starting after noon.  I eat less protein at night, as advised in the video above regarding carb timing.  I've also discovered that eating meat allows me to not eat for longer periods of time if chosen, without getting hungry.
 
The poultry I eat needs to be as tender as possible for easier digestion, so I buy store-bought (but a higher quality brand) chicken nuggets.  Maybe the pink goo from Mcdonalds isn't so bad after all, as, in my case, tougher meat causes heartburn and indigestion.  I tried ground beef not long ago, and this was terrible for me because it was so tough from not being ground finely enough, or I was unable to properly tenderize it.  In the future I may try beef in place of chicken when I figure out how to properly tenderize it.  All chicken nugget brands, regardless of quality, are very high from added sodium, so I alternate with egg whites, which contain no sodium, to balance this out. 

The main supplement I take is 5000 IU of vitamin D in the morning.  I'm considering reducing this to 1000 IU to avoid possible toxicity, as I've been supplementing with vitamin D for years.  For anyone who starts supplementing with vitamin D though, 5000 IU is probably fine.  

Regarding the ethical concerns about eating animal products, I have no other choice.  I've tried so many different ways to go vegan over the years, but I cannot digest most plant foods.  I buy higher quality animal products that are (allegedly) humanely raised.  Of course the real solution is a food replicator.

Comments

  1. Haha, ol´Sherman. There has been some negative (in a funny way) people on Cobras blog over the years but they seem to disappear after some years (hope they are fine) but Sherman sticks around. Good for him :)
    About food I have been lactos intolerant for years but recently I seem to have become allergic to milk protein also. So all dairy is out for me. It was quite strange. I had a sudden attack of dizzyness that lasted for a few hours and after that I noticed that I seem to get "poisoned" by milk products.
    I also noticed that I seem to have a similar problem with too much sugar. Because of the food problems I am more often weak and only way around that I have found is to eat more meat products but that also is not perfect. Most if not all food you buy at grocery stores is not really healthy. I can feel it when compared to real homegrown food. When it is really bad the thing that helps is not to eat at all, a fast, but that cant go on for more than a day or so of course.
    I wish for the future that we can get more healthy food and alternatives for different people like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention that pears work good for me. The sweatness is just right to get me going in the morning without downing me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Owning Our Own Power And Joining The Galactic Family

Enjoy the Clearing! (Updated on 09/15)